What is "The Foundation Course"?
Outdoor adventure activities are becoming very popular amongst the youth in India.
Trekking & backpacking in the mountains is by far the most sought after activity during holidays and vacations. Though recreation remains the primary objective, much more can be achieved and gained through this participation.
Apart from knowing about the risks and uncertainties which are always there, it is desirable that individuals, who wish to experience the mountains to the best of their ability, should endeavour to know this activity better, in terms of adventure, recreation, and engagement with nature. Going through the foundations of this wonderful activity will give them the confidence to choose the best every time they want to go out and enjoy nature & adventure in the future.
This experiential learning-based foundation course not only makes you aware of the risks involved but ensures that you plan and prepare yourself to enjoy the activity to the fullest and to get the most out of this participation every time you go out there.
Later as you gain experience you can raise your level of adventure in the mountains. You can also think of taking up a higher level of training courses if you desire so.
Adults: 21+ years.
What is there in it for me?
- Gives you the confidence to go for trekking & backpacking at different locations in India.
- Makes you well aware of the importance of "Personal planning & Safety".
What do the participants take home?
- A sense of being well organized in whatever they wish to do.
How does the participation work for them!
- Framing of the course.
- Front loading of the activities & its purpose.
- Action in the form of expedition.
- Transfer of real life learning’s.
- Review of their experience & the outcome
What do they do during the course?
- Camping in the mountains.(11 Days)
- Nature trails.
- Light adventure activities.
- Reflective and facilitation sessions.
- Interactive sharing sessions.
- Journal writing.
How to enrol!
- Please fill up the inquiry form.
- We will initiate the correspondence for more information & clarity.
- Once you make up your mind to join the program you complete the registration formalities.
- We help you with the pre program preparations.
- You report at the agreed location, on the date & time confirmed.
- We deliver the program as per the plan.
- The group departs from the location once the program is over.
- We complete the post program formalities.
At Outward Bound Program feedback is a two way process.
- We invite participants to share their program feedback on a standard format.
- If the participants desire so program Leader shares his/her personal feedback.